I’m so ecxited to share with you one of my most fvorite recipes right now — this amazing White Bean, Kale, & Quinoa Soup.
I’m obsessed with it and have made almost every week for the last month. It’s filling, loaded with hearty veggies, fiber-rich and protein-rich white beans, and so much flavor!
It’s been my lunch staple for the past month and I’m pretty sure it’s not going anywhere, anytime soon.
The best part? From start to finish it only take 30 minutes… #WINNING. ( <– Does anyone even say that anymore??Apparently I do…)
I first started making this when I was preparing for our move. As this has been our 5th move in 4 years, it was NOT my first rodeo.
One of the BEST tips I can give about preparing for a cross country move (or in general for anyone who is super busy) is to make a TON of freezer friendly foods that you can heat up when life gets super crazy.
Always having your freezer stocked with meals you can just pull out and cook gives you NO EXCUSES when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. I love making a big double, or even triple batch of soups specifically for this reason.
If you go digging in my fridge you will find freezer meals galore, from turkey chili, to healthy protein-rich popsicles, to turkey burgers or turkey meatballs. Anything that I know I can heat up at a moments notice when I’m feeling just a little HANGRY! 😉
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 – 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dried quinoa
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed + roughly chopped
- In a stockpot, saute onion in olive for 2-3 minutes
- Add carrots and celery, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, quinoa, and spices. Bring to a boil, then cover and lower to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in chopped kale and allow it to wilt. Serve and enjoy! 🙂
What’s your favorite freezer friendly meal for when life gets busy?
#White #Bean #Kale #Quinoa #Soup #Live #Fit #Girls