I don’t know about you but I’m so glad that football season is back! I love being able to relax on a Monday night with friends and enjoy tasty foods while watching the game.
And as you know, I love hosting get togethers at my apartment and recreating traditional foods, making them healthier without losing any taste.
This year I’m teaming up with Silk to sideline meat during their #MeatlessMondayNight challenge.
Meatless Mondays are a great way to add more plant-based foods into your diet, so they are challenging others to sideline meat as well, starting with Monday Night Football games.
I think that’s a fantastic idea! As you know I was a pescetarian for almost 10 years, so I had get creative with adding in more plant-based protein sources (seriously, you can only eat so much fish!). And even though I have gone back to eating meat, I still rely heavily on a plant-based diet to help me reach my fitness goals.
For the #MeatlessMondayNight challenge I created this Vegan Queso Dip, using cashews as a base. This is the third time I’ve used cashews to make a vegan/dairy free cheese and let me let you, every time I try a new cheese recipe using cashews I am still always surprised at how much it taste like real cheese.
Since I was using cashews, I though I would try out Silk’s new Cashew Milk. You already know I am a huge fan of almond milk, so I was excited to try out their newest product for this recipe.
This cheese recipe was so simple that I will definitely be making it again for another tailgate party soon! You literally just throw everything in your food processor and you’re good to go!
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce with 2 tablespoons of sauce
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- Place cashews in your food processor and blend until smooth, scraping the sides of the food processor when needed.
- Once the cashews have turned into a smooth butter, add all remaining ingredients except the pico de gallo, and process until smooth and well blended.
- Remove the blade from the food processor and using a spoon mix in the pico de gallo. Pour mixture into a serving dish and serve with your favorite healthy tortilla chips.
Have you ever made a vegan cheese before?
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
#Vegan #Queso #Dip #Live #Fit #Girls