Who would turn down one of these adorable Snickerdoodle Blondie Bites? The chewiness of golden blondies meets the cinnamon sugar delight of snickerdoodle cookies in these bite sized treats.
We love sharing adorably delicious Halloween treats! You must try our Mummy Rice Krispie Treats and Vanilla Bean Cupcakes for more “mummy” themed goodies.
What is a Snickerdoodle Bite?
These blondies started from our favorite snickerdoodle cookie bars recipe!
Soft, sweet bars that are the perfect canvas to dress up with all kinds of flavors.
Love pecans? There’s a pecan pie blondies recipe for that. Love cake batter? There’s a cake batter blondie for that. You get the idea.
Today’s cookie bar recipe is for all you Snickerdoodle lovers out there! Sprinkled cinnamon sugar topping over the blondies and, to make it Halloween ready, added some stripes of vanilla frosting and candy eyes on top!
- Butter- we use unsalted butter in baking, to easily control the amount of salt. Use our guide on how to soften butter quickly!
- Cream of Tartar- When paired with baking soda, the chemical reaction causes the dough to rise. Resulting in a chewy, cake-like texture!
- Unsalted butter – I love using unsalted butter in my blondies to control the amount of salt in the recipe. If needed, feel free to use salted butter. Melt the butter before adding it to the cookie mix.
- Candy eyes – I find candy eyeballs at Target, craft stores or online! They add such a fun touch to these blondies bites but, of course, the blondies will taste great without them too.
Step by Step Instructions
- Make the cookie dough as directed. Spread into a parchment paper lined 13×9 baking dish.
- Combine more cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and then sprinkle it on top of the batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the blondies comes out clean (about 22 – 25 minutes). While the blondies are cooling, prepare the frosting.
- To make these into mummy bites for Halloween, use a round cookie cutter to cut into bite sized circles. Ours is about 1 inch.
Make the frosting.
- Then, use a frosting bag to pipe overlapping white stripes onto the blondie bites. Add two candy eyes to the top of each one to complete the look!
I found mine at Target. I’ve also had luck purchasing them at craft stores like Michael’s or Joanne Fabrics, or there’s always Amazon!
These snickerdoodle bites freeze wonderfully! I’d recommend freezing them before adding the frosting and candy eyes for best results. They’ll keep in the freezer for about 2 months.
Make the cookie dough up to 48 hours before baking. Store in refrigerator.
More Snickerdoodle Recipes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9 baking dish with parchmen paper. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar for about 2 minutes. Add in eggs and beat until blended.
Add in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Beat just until dough comes together, do not overmix.
Pour cookie dough into prepared dish. Press dough evenly into the bottom of the dish.
In a little bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle generously over top of unbaked blondies.
Bake in oven for 22-25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
For the frosting, beat butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until fluffy and smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
You can either spread frosting over cooled blondie bars and cut into squares. OR if you want to make the mummy bites, use a 1.5 inch cookie cutter to cut circles out of blondie bars.
Add frosting to a decorator bag with tip #48. Pipe stripes back and forth over bites, and add monster eyes or chocolate chips for the mummy eyes. Store in airtight container. ENJOY.
- A number 48 frosting tip is my preferred way to make the mummy stripes. Alternate the smooth side with the more textured size to give these bites dimension and a more convincing mummy-like appearance!
- Store Snickerdoodles Blondies in an airtight container at room temperature.
- See blog post for more recipe tips and tricks.
Serving: 1bite, Calories: 68kcal, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 21mg, Sodium: 18mg, Sugar: 6g
A dusting of cinnamon sugar, a delicious vanilla buttercream and the best boxed mix for sugar cookies make these easy blondies as perfect dessert for Halloween or any time of year! With our without the “spooky” garnishes Snickerdoodle Blondie Bites are a portable treat you’ll make over and over again.
#Snickerdoodle #Bites #Halloween #Recipe #Shugary #Sweets