This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Pimento Cheese recipe is a game-changer, mixing melt-in-your-mouth cheddar, luscious cream cheese, and punchy pimentos for a mouthwatering spread. It’s the perfect choice for those who love their flavors bold and their recipes simple.
Easy Pimento Cheese
This Pimento Cheese recipe is a real crowd-pleaser, folks. We’re talking about a creamy, cheesy dream where sharp cheddar, velvety cream cheese, and zesty pimentos come together in a harmony of flavors. It’s the kind of recipe that’s super simple to whip up but tastes like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen – perfect for impressing at your next get-together or just treating yourself to a delicious snack!
- Cheddar Cheese: Use your favorite cheddar cheese, or you can substitute it with Monterey Jack or Colby cheese for a milder taste.
- Cream Cheese: It adds creaminess and binds the ingredients together. Neufchâtel cheese is a good alternative with a lower fat content.
- Mayonnaise: For a healthier option, you can use Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Jarred Pimentos: They offer a sweet and slightly tangy flavor. Roasted red peppers, finely chopped, can be a great substitute.
- Garlic Powder: You could use a small amount of fresh minced garlic instead.
- Onion Powder: It gives a mild onion flavor without the texture of fresh onions. You can also use a small amount of finely grated fresh onion could.
- Cayenne Pepper: This provides a hint of heat. If you prefer a different kind of spice, chili powder or paprika are great substitutes.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste.
You’re going to love how easy this Pimento Cheese recipe is. It’s all about mixing, seasoning, and chilling – so simple, yet so delicious. Let’s get started!
First up, grab a large mixing bowl and toss in your cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Give it all a good beat until it’s smooth and well-combined.
Now, it’s time to fold in the shredded cheddar cheese and those finely chopped pimentos. Gently mix them in so that everything is evenly incorporated. You’ll see the spread starting to take shape with all these vibrant colors and textures coming together.
Taste the mixture and then season it with salt and pepper as you like. Once you’re happy with the flavor, cover the bowl and pop it in the refrigerator. Let it chill for at least an hour. This step isn’t just about cooling; it’s crucial for letting all those fantastic flavors meld together.
And there you have it! Serve your pimento cheese with crackers, on sandwiches, or with veggies. It’s a versatile spread that’s sure to be a hit, whether you’re hosting a party or just snacking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make Pimento Cheese in advance?
Absolutely! Pimento Cheese actually tastes better when made ahead of time. Making it a day in advance allows the flavors to meld together beautifully. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and it should be good for up to a week.
What are some creative ways to serve Pimento Cheese?
Pimento Cheese is incredibly versatile. Beyond the classic crackers or sandwich spread, try it as a topping for baked potatoes, a filling for omelets, or even melted into a grilled cheese sandwich. It’s also great as a burger topping or stirred into your mac and cheese for an extra flavor kick.
Is there a lower-fat alternative to the mayonnaise and cream cheese?
Yes, you can use light cream cheese and substitute the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt to reduce the fat content. Keep in mind, though, this might slightly alter the texture and taste of the final product.
How can I adjust the spice level in this recipe?
The spice in Pimento Cheese comes from the cayenne pepper. If you prefer a milder taste, simply reduce the amount of cayenne. On the flip side, if you’re a fan of more heat, feel free to add a bit more, or include a diced jalapeño for an extra spicy kick.
- Shred Your Own Cheese: For the best texture, avoid pre-shredded cheese. Shredding cheese from a block ensures a creamier and smoother blend, as pre-shredded cheese often contains anti-caking agents.
- Room Temperature Cream Cheese: Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing. This makes it easier to blend and results in a smoother, more uniform spread.
- Drain Pimentos Well: To prevent your pimento cheese from becoming watery, drain the pimentos thoroughly before adding them to the mix. You can even pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Adjust Seasonings Gradually: When seasoning your pimento cheese, add salt, pepper, and cayenne gradually. Taste as you go – it’s easier to add more seasonings than to fix an overly salty or spicy spread.
- Let It Rest: Allowing your pimento cheese to rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving is key. This resting period lets the flavors meld together for a more cohesive and robust taste.
After preparing the pimento cheese, transfer it into an airtight container and refrigerate it. This way, it can stay fresh and tasty for up to a week. When it comes to freezing, although technically possible, I don’t recommend it. Freezing can alter the texture and consistency of the cheese and mayonnaise, leading to a less than ideal texture once thawed.
Discover More Delicious Appetizers
This Pimento Cheese recipe is a delightful blend of rich cheddar, creamy cream cheese, and sweet pimentos, creating a spread that’s perfect for any occasion. It’s incredibly easy to make, with just a few simple ingredients and steps. The result is a versatile and delicious spread that’s ideal for crackers, sandwiches, or as a dip for veggies.
Prevent your screen from going dark
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Beat until smooth and well-combined.
Fold in the grated cheddar cheese and chopped pimentos. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.
For best flavor, cover the pimento cheese spread and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. This step is optional but allows the flavors to meld together.
Serve your pimento cheese spread with crackers, on sandwiches, or as a dip for vegetables.
- Cheese Choice: Using a good quality cheddar cheese will enhance the flavor of the pimento cheese. Opt for medium or sharp cheddar for a richer taste.
- Spice Level: Feel free to adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to suit your preferred level of spiciness.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve chilled as a spread on crackers, bread, or use as a dip for fresh vegetables. It also works great as a filling for sandwiches or as a topper for burgers.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Stir well before serving if it’s been sitting for a few days.
- Fresh Ingredients: For the best flavor, use freshly grated cheese and freshly chopped pimentos, if available. Pre-shredded cheese and jarred pimentos are convenient, but fresh ingredients are best.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 265kcal (13%)Carbohydrates: 3g (1%)Protein: 8g (16%)Fat: 25g (38%)Saturated Fat: 10g (63%)Polyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 49mg (16%)Sodium: 321mg (14%)Potassium: 75mg (2%)Fiber: 0.4g (2%)Sugar: 1g (1%)Vitamin A: 886IU (18%)Vitamin C: 15mg (18%)Calcium: 217mg (22%)Iron: 0.4mg (2%)
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
#Pimento #Cheese #Cooks