These tasty mango habanero wings have a nice tangy, spicy kick!
Chicken wings are oven-baked or air-fried and then smothered in a sweet, spicy, and sticky mango habanero glaze.
Game day, movie night, or any night, everyone will love these sweet heat-packing wings!
Mango Habanero Wings
We eat wings on the regular, and these ones definitely top our list – with this mango habanero chicken wings recipe, you can make them at home, too!
- This easy recipe that offers two foolproof ways to make them!
- Use our homemade mango habanero sauce, or buy Buffalo Wild Wings sauce here.
- Versatile recipe! Keep these citrusy, spicy party wings in a Crockpot for easy access on game day! Make extra sauce and toss it in some juicy meatballs!
Ingredients for Mango Habanero Wings
Chicken – Split wings that have been separated into flats and drumettes are preferred. Frozen chicken should be thawed before use to ensure they cook properly.
Mango Habanero Sauce – Homemade sauce is easy to make with a blender using habanero peppers and fresh or frozen mango. You can also purchase bottled sauce at most grocery stores.
If you find it too hot, add more honey for a sweeter sauce and a tamer taste! Mango nectar (in a can) is another great way to tame the heat and add a little more citrus to the sauce.
Variations – No honey? Whisk in maple syrup or brown sugar. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds, chopped green onions, or parsley over the wings before serving.
How to Make Mango Habanero Wings
Chicken wings are oven-baked or air-fried and then tossed in a sweet, spicy, and sticky mango habanero sauce.
- Pat wings dry and season them (as per the recipe below).
- Cook wings the wings in the air fryer or oven.
- Toss with the sauce and cook a few minutes longer.
Tips & Tricks
- If air frying wings, place parchment paper in the air fryer before Step 6. This prevents the sauce from dripping and burning in the bottom of the air fryer and makes clean-up a snap!
- For an extra sticky glaze, thicken the sauce by bringing it to a boil in a small saucepan and then reduce the heat to a low simmer until thickened as desired. It may still be very hot when tossing the wings in, so be careful.
- Keep leftover mango habanero chicken wings in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat the wings in the microwave or the air fryer.
Did your family enjoy these Mango Habanero Wings? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Mango Habanero Wings
Mango habanero wings are sticky, sweet, and packed full of flavor.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
Dab the wings dry with a paper towel and toss them with olive oil. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Place the wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 15 minutes.
While wings are cooking, whisk together habanero sauce and honey in a small bowl.
After 15 minutes, remove the wings from the air fryer and toss them with the mango habanero sauce.
Place a piece of parchment paper or non-stick foil in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Add the sauced wings back in the air fryer basket and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
Let rest a few minutes before serving (the sauce will be very hot right after cooking).
To bake in the oven:
Toss the wings with 1 tablespoon flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and seasonings. Refrigerate 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours) uncovered.
Toss the wings with olive oil and place on rack that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cook in a 425°F oven for 20 minutes, flip and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Toss with the mango habanero sauce sauce and broil for 3 minutes per side.
Serving: 0.25pounds of wings | Calories: 215 | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 485mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 880IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
#Mango #Habanero #Wings #Spend #Pennies