Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
Tender roast carrots tossed in a honey balsamic sauce!
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced/grated
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped (optional)
- Toss the carrots in the oil, salt and pepper, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 425F/220C oven until tender, about 18-20 minutes, turning the carrots half way through.
- Heat the honey and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the garlic and thyme.
- Toss the roasted carrots in and honey balsamic sauce and enjoy!
Option: Replace the honey with maple syrup.
Option: Add a splash of hot sauce, such as sriracha.
Option: Add red onion; slice it into 1/2 inch wedges and roast it with the carrots.
Option: Serve garnished with crumbled chevre, goat cheese, feta, etc,; sprinkle on while still warm to let the cheese
#Honey #Balsamic #Roasted #Carrots #Closet #Cooking