Fruity Pebble treats are gooey and sweet. These rainbow goodies are a fun twist on the traditional marshmallow treats!
For more cereal treats, try: Rice Krispie Treats, Puppy Chow, Sweet Chex Mix and Lucky Charms Treats.
We Love Gooey!
We took our classic Rice Krispie Treats and took them to a whole new fruity level by making them with Fruity Pebbles!
These treats are not only a hit with the kids, but with adults too.
What’s not to love:
- Easy. The best part is they only require a few ingredients and a few minutes to make – a great dessert recipe for kids to try.
- Quick With only a smidge of time, you can enjoy these fruity marshmallow bars.
- Beautiful. These eye-popping colorful bars are great for St. Patrick’s Day, a birthday party or an after school snack.
Only 3 Ingredients
- butter – I use unsalted butter, but you can use salted butter. Another option is to use melted coconut oil.
- large (jumbo) marshmallows – 1 regular marshmallow = 13 mini marshmallows
- Fruity Pebble Cereal – this recipe also works with other “Krispie” cereals like plain rice krispies or cocoa pebbles all work.
How to Make Fruity Pebble Treats
- MELT. In a large bowl, melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- COMBINE. Add large marshmallows and butter to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 – 3 minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t expand too much and fall out of the bowl. Stir well and slowly add Fruity Pebble cereal.
- PRESS. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Pour the crispy treats mixture into the prepared baking dish and gently press down. An 8 or 9-inch baking pan will yield 16 thick squares. A 9 x 13-inch baking pan will yield about 24 squares.
Stove Top Directions
Melt the butter in a large pot or saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the marshmallows and heat until gooey and smooth. Stir frequently so the mixture does not scorch on the bottom. Remove from heat add to the cereal and mix to combine.
- Gluten-free. Check the label on the cereal.
- To prevent sticking. Lightly grease your fingers or tear a piece of parchment paper or wax paper to use when pressing treats into the pan.
- Frosting. Easily add frosting or a candy coat to these treats. Top the treats with sprinkles before the frosting/coating has dried.
- Mix-ins. Add in mini chocolate chips or white chocolate chips or drizzle the top with melted chocolate.
- To keep your treats soft and chewy.
- Don’t over-press into the pan otherwise, they’ll become solid and hard.
- Use LOW heat when melting the marshmallows on the stove. Too high and the sugar in the marshmallows will turn to hard candy yielding a very hard Krispie treat.
- Use fresh Marshmallows. Older ones tend to make a harder treat.
- STORE. Keep Fruity Pebble rice crispy treats in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Stick a slice of white bread in the container to help keep the treats soft.
- FREEZE. Store the entire block or as individual treats. Wrap in plastic wrap then wrap again with foil or place in a Ziploc. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before eating.
In a large bowl, melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Add large marshmallows to butter bowl and microwave for 2 – 3 minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t expand too much and fall out of the bowl
Stir well and slowly add Fruity Pebble cereal. When all combined pour into a greased 9×13 pan. Let set and enjoy!
Calories: 167kcal, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 6mg, Sodium: 156mg, Potassium: 13mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 20g, Vitamin A: 538IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 5mg, Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Making this recipe? Tag us!
Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #lilluna, so we can see what you’re creating in the kitchen!
#Fruity #Pebble #Treats #Lil #Luna