This Everything Bagel Salmon coats salmon filets in a seasoning combined of all the ingredients you would find on an “everything” bagel. The salmon filets are quick seared and served with a delicious cream cheese-chive dressed fennel salad for a delicious dinner that’s ready in 20 minutes.
Are you an “everything” bagel fan?
You know the ones I’m talking about, right? Those bagels that are coated in all kinds of seeds – poppy seeds, sesame seeds, fennel seeds and caraway seeds, and have that unforgettable strong smell of onion and garlic.
These are the bagels that you don’t want touching any other bagels in the bag… I mean, if you combine a blueberry bagel and an “everything” bagel in one bag, the blueberry bagel is just not edible anymore… Right?
Well, tonight I’m cooking up something different with that everything bagel seasoning…
⭐️ Everything Bagel Salmon ⭐️
This Everything But the Bagel Salmon has all those traditional elements of my homemade everything bagel seasoning – poppy, sesame, fennel and caraway seeds together with some minced up dehydrated garlic coats the skinless side of our salmon filets.
A quick sear in a heavy skillet ensures that all those spices get nice and toasted. It just needs a couple minutes per side, so this salmon dinner will be on your table in a flash! (You can also air fry or bake the salmon, see the directions below.)
The end result is a super flavorful, crisp-coated, filet of fish that’s anything but boring and ready in under 20 minutes! I like to serve this “Everything” Crusted Salmon alongside a Fennel & Celery Salad that’s dressed up with a Cream Cheese Chive dressing, just to keep those bagel vibes going.
But, this salmon would also be delicious served with rice, quinoa, sauteed spinach or even just a simple arugula salad.
- Salmon Filets – I used skin on salmon filets, but skinless will also work.
- For the “Everything But the Bagel” Seasoning – Dehydrated garlic (or garlic powder), poppy seeds, white & black sesame seeds, caraway seeds and fennel seeds.
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
How to make it
- Make the Spice Blend: Combine the “everything but the bagel” spices on a small plate and stir to combine.
- Season the Salmon: Rinse and pat the salmon dry using a paper towel.Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper and press the skinless side into the “everything” spice mixture to coat evenly.
- Sear the Salmon: In a skillet over medium-high, heat the oil. Add the salmon and quickly sear 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Baked Salmon: Bake the salmon filets in a 425 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Air Fryer Salmon: Preheat your air fryer to 400-degrees. Add the salmon in a single layer and air fry for 8 minutes.
What to serve with it
This flavorful salmon is begging to be paired with something light and refreshing but with a backbone strong enough to stand up to all the spices. Rosé fits the bill perfectly here.
Note: This recipe also works with trout. Learn about the differences between trout and salmon here.
Did you try this everything bagel salmon recipe?
If you loved this everything bagel crusted salmon, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a ⭐️star review⭐️! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings and Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest and Facebook.
Have leftover salmon? Serve it as part of this Smoked Salmon Platter for an easy brunch or appetizer.
Fennel Celery Salad:
- 1 large fennel bulb (very thinly sliced)
- 5 stalks celery (very thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
Make the dressing by whisking together the sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and chives in a small bowl.
Add the fennel, celery and parsley to a large bowl. Toss with the dressing and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Combine the seasoning spices on a small plate and stir to combine.
Rinse and pat the salmon dry using a paper towel.
Season salmon with salt and pepper and press the skinless side into the “everything” seed mixture to coat evenly.
In a skillet over medium-high, heat the oil. Add the salmon and quickly sear 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Serve with fennel salad on the side.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 849mg | Vitamin A: 70IU | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.6mg
Note: This post was originally published in 2017. It was updated in 2021 to add new photographs, and again in 2023 to add new content. The everything but the bagel salmon recipe remains the same. Enjoy!
#Bagel #Salmon #Easy #20Minute #Recipe