This cake mix banana bread is an easy way to make a homemade treat that only takes 5 ingredients and minutes to prep. The results are a moist and flavorful sweet breakfast bread or dessert!
If you love quick bread recipes with bananas other family favorites include chocolate chip banana bread, double chocolate banana bread and pumpkin banana bread!
Why I Love This Recipe
- Cake mix hack: Using a cake mix simplifies the process just like it does in my cake mix cookies, cake mix brownies and pumpkin muffins with a cake mix.
- Quick and easy: If you don’t have time to make homemade banana bread from scratch, this version is made in one bowl with no mixer required.
- Moist and fluffy: The perfect banana bread with a sweet taste and tender crumb and best banana flavor!
- Fresh or dried fruit: Add in fresh fruit like blueberries or try a cranberry banana bread! Dried fruit like raisins, cranberries or chopped apricots add chewy texture.
- Other box cake mix flavors: Instead of yellow cake mix banana bread recipe, try funfetti cake mix, white cake mix or chocolate cake mix!
- Nutty: For a banana nut bread, add chopped walnuts, cashews, almonds or pecans!
- Chocolate chip: Bananas and chocolate pair perfectly together just like in my chocolate chip banana bread muffins!
- Muffins: Instead of a banana loaf, try mini banana muffins or banana bread muffins by baking in muffin tins instead!
How to Make Banana Bread with Cake Mix
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed overripe bananas, eggs, melted butter or vegetable oil. The mix in the cake mix and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared loaf pan coated with nonstick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool the easy banana bread recipe in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and enjoy!
Storage and Freezing Instructions
Store leftover banana bread with cake mix in an airtight container at room temperature for 4 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to 7 days but it may dry out slightly.
To freeze for later, cool the loaf completely then wrap in plastic wrap then foil and store in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before unwrapping and enjoying!
More Recipes with Cake Mix
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Cake Mix Banana Bread
↑ Click stars to rate now!
Quick and easy banana bread with cake mix takes only 5 ingredients and minutes to prep! Moist and flavorful with the best fluffy texture.
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9×5-inch (or 8×4) loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter or oil. The mix in the cake mix and chocolate chips.
Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Baking times may vary, so start checking for doneness around 40 minutes and adjust accordingly. If it’s browning too fast, place a piece of foil over the top.
Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the cake mix banana bread has cooled, slice it into 12 servings and enjoy!
Muffins: You can also make these in a muffin pan. It will make about 12 muffins. Line a muffin pan, fill 3/4 the way full and bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 279mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 84IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
#Cake #Mix #Banana #Bread #Heart #Naptime