Cabbage Chana Dal Salad
- 2 cup cabbage very finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- 10 mint leaves minced
- ¼ cup yellow chana dal
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
Soak the chana dal for at least 2 hours in lukewarm water.
When ready, the dal should be soft all around.
Drain the water from chana dal.
Mix the chana dal with the chopped vegetables.
Mix the ingredients above together to make the salad dressing.
Mix the salad and dressing together and let sit for about a half hour so the salad is nicely marinated.
- Substitute chana dal with split yellow moong dal or moong dal sprouts.
- You can substitute the dal with boiled corn and finely chopped bell pepper.
- This salad dressing can be used with any salad.
- Take out the vinegar and use this dressing with fresh fruit, adding chopped mint leaves.
Originally posted 2008-05-12 02:17:01.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube channel
#Cabbage #Chana #Dal #Salad #Manjulas #Kitchen