This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Looking for the best way to start your day? This hearty breakfast salad is the perfect choice! You’ve got fresh lettuce topped with a fried egg, crispy bacon, sliced avocados, toasted bread, and grape tomatoes, all finished off with a squeeze of lemon, olive oil, and everything bagel seasoning. It’s light enough that you’ll be able to enjoy it in the morning, but will keep you full throughout the day!
I know this breakfast salad recipe seems simple, but to make it taste even better, check out my guide on making the best sunny side up egg! I’ll also leave these posts for cooking bacon in the oven and making homemade everything bagel seasoning here if you need them.
Easy Breakfast Salad Recipe
Breakfast just got better with this awesome salad! Mornings can be a rush, especially with hungry stomachs to fill. But this salad makes things easy, healthy, delicious! The mix of fresh greens with a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil gives a burst of yummy flavor. Add in creamy avocado, crispy bacon, and juicy tomatoes, it’s the best mix of flavors and textures.
Toss in some eggs (cooked just the way you like them!) and a side of crunchy crostini, then top off your salad with a dash of everything bagel seasoning. Voila! You’ve got a breakfast that’s not only tasty but satisfying too. It’s the kind of breakfast that will make the rest of your day great. It leaves your body fueled and stomach happy!
Start your day with a burst of morning freshness! This breakfast salad is made of ingredients that are not only healthy but delicious too. Plus it’s easy to customize! So if there’s a dressing you want to use or something you want to leave out, you can make it your own. (Measurements are in the recipe card at the end of the post.)
- Lettuce Spring Mix: Fresh, crisp base with essential vitamins and minerals your body needs.
- Olive Oil: Smooth, tasty drizzle to enhance the flavor of your breakfast salad. You can also swap this out for any dressing of your choice! (See my tips section below for ideas!)
- Fresh Lemon Juice: Zesty, citrusy flavor booster. It also helps to keep the veggies fresh.
- Salt and Pepper: Trusty seasonings, add to taste!
- Bacon: Our breakfast hero! For easy prep, use precooked bacon! Any way to save time in the morning is a win for me.
- Eggs: Scrambled, fried, or poached, cook these just the way you like them!
- Grape Tomatoes: Sweet, juicy bursts of flavor. Cherry or Roma tomatoes also work.
- Avocado: The perfect dose of healthy fats. I also love their creamy texture!
- Crostini (Toasted Bread): For some extra crunch.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: A flavorful garnish that adds a fun to twist to the breakfast salad.
How to Make Healthy Breakfast Salad
It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare this breakfast salad, so it’s the perfect choice for busy mornings! Cook up your bacon and eggs, then toss everything together with some olive oil and a squeeze of lemon!
- Lettuce Mix: Add the lettuce mix to a medium bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Then toss gently to coat the lettuce mix. Divide the mixture evenly into two bowls.
- Add Protein and Veggies: Then to each bowl, layer on a cooked egg, 1/4 cup chopped bacon, tomatoes, and sliced avocado.
- Garnish and Serve: Garnish with everything bagel seasoning and then add a side of toasted crostini.
Tips and Variations
The great thing about making homemade salads is that you can customize them any way you want. Plus, you can use the freshest ingredients! No soggy salads here! If you’re looking for a few more ways to make your breakfast salad taste even better, I’ve listed out a few ideas to get your started:
- Switch Up the Veggies: Feel free to add any vegetables to this salad. Peppers, grilled zucchini, or chopped red onion are just a few that come to mind.
- Add Different Dressing: Add more flavor to your breakfast salad with some lemon vinaigrette, green goddess dressing, Italian dressing, or classic Caesar!
- Protein Options: Crumbled sausage or sliced chicken sausage would be delicious on this salad! Sometimes I add a spoonful of cottage cheese on top, it’s SO good! (And has a whopping 25 grams of protein per cup!)
- Toppings: Try adding salsa verde, pico de Gallo, or a drizzle of hot sauce on top!
Storing Leftover Breakfast Salad
Like most green salads, this one is best served fresh! Once the salad is assembled it should be served right away. Keep the ingredients on hand so you can assemble the salad in the mornings throughout the week.
Pin this now to find it later
Add the lettuce mix to a medium bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss gently to coat the lettuce mix. Divide the mixture evenly into two bowls.
To each bowl, layer on a cooked egg, 1/4 cup chopped bacon, tomatoes, and sliced avocado.
Garnish with everything bagel seasoning and a side of toasted crostini.
Calories: 531kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 16gFat: 47gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 203mgSodium: 485mgPotassium: 871mgFiber: 8gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1105IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 64mgIron: 2mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
#Breakfast #Salad #Recipe #Recipe #Critic