This banana pudding cheesecake is a triple-decker dessert!
Banana cheesecake is baked over crushed Nilla wafers and topped with more bananas, creamy vanilla pudding, and a thick layer of whipped cream.
Ingredients for Banana Pudding Cheesecake
Crust – Nilla wafers and bananas are a perfect pair! However, feel free to make your own graham cracker crust, or buy one. Even chocolate Oreo crust will taste delish with this recipe.
Bananas – Use ripe bananas with spots for the cheesecake and fresh and firm bananas for the top layer in Step 6.
Cheesecake Filling – This recipe uses a block of full fat cream cheese, lighter versions don’t hold up as well.
Pudding – Whole milk and heavy whipping cream provide the rich and creamy flavor this dessert is so popular for. Banana, cheesecake, or coconut pudding can be swapped for vanilla but we prefer the flavor of vanilla pudding in this recipe.
Toppings – Top with whipped cream or whipped topping like Cool Whip. Sprinkle extra crushed Nilla wafers on the top or go for some mini toffee, butterscotch, or chocolate chips.
How to Make Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- Prepare Nilla Wafer crust (as per the recipe below).
- Combine the cheesecake layer ingredients in a blender until smooth and pour over the crust.
- Bake until set. Cool the cheesecake completely (two hours or overnight in the fridge).
- Whisk the pudding mixture together. Beat the whipping cream and fold half into the pudding mixture, reserving the other half for the end.
- Arrange the remaining banana slices over the cooled cheesecake and sprinkle with Nilla Wafers.
- Top with pudding and the last layer of whipped cream. Refrigerate before serving.
Tips for a Great Cheesecake
- Line the bottom of the springform pan with a sheet of parchment paper for a guaranteed no-stick cheesecake and easier transfer to a serving dish.
- If you don’t have a springform pan, use a square 8×8 pan with parchment paper on the bottom and overlapping on two sides for easier removal.
- Be sure you are using instant pudding and not the cooking kind!
- Cream cheese and eggs will blend faster if they’re at room temp for faster blending in Step 2.
- Allow the cheesecake to chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. This helps it set properly and develop its full flavor.
- Banana pudding cheesecake tastes best when it’s chilled so store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Add the final topping of whipped cream and any garnishes just before serving.
Did your family love this Banana Pudding Cheesecake? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Banana Pudding Cheesecake
Enjoy this decadent dessert with layers of bananas, pudding, and cheesecake!
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
To make the crust, in a medium bowl combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
Place cheesecake ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth and pour the mixture into the prepared crust. Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Turn the oven off, open the door slightly, and let cool for 1 hour.
Transfer to the fridge and cool for at least 2 hours or overnight.
For the pudding mixture, whisk together milk and vanilla pudding mix. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold ½ cup of the whipped cream into the pudding mixture.
Slice the remaining bananas and place over the cheesecake layer. Sprinkle with the crushed Nilla Wafers and top with the vanilla pudding. Decorate the top with the remaining whipped cream.
Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Store cheesecake tightly sealed in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Calories: 428 | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 277mg | Potassium: 315mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 869IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 0.4mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
#Banana #Pudding #Cheesecake #Spend #Pennies