There are lots of chicken wing recipes for home cooks. In fact, I have a ton pinned on my Pinterest page. Many call for making the wings in the Instant Pot or a slow cooker, and while they are good, to get that really crispy skin, you end up broiling them in the oven. I like simple cleanup and fewer pots and pans, so I thought I would test this oven baked chicken wings recipe and see if I could get a delicious crispy skin. The verdict? Yes. Yes, I can, and I don’t think I’ll make wings any other way again.
The secret to crispy oven baked chicken wings is to let the wings dry out with a flour mixture for an hour in the refrigerator and then bake them in a hot oven for 45 minutes. Give them a try and let me know what you think! I love to serve them with ranch, and if you want to make your own, try my tarragon-ranch dipping sauce.
Looking for an Asian Instant Pot Chicken Wing? I have a recipe here. If you need even more chicken wing recipes you can try my air fryer hot chicken wings, and even my vegan cauliflower wings for a healthy and delicious spin on roasted vegetables. These recipes all deliver on flavor and will not disappoint!
Check out all my recipes here.
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (see note)
- 1 tsp Here’s The Deal Spice Co. Wing Blend (see note)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs of chicken wings
- ½ c melted butter
- ½ c hot pepper sauce (see note for suggestions)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 clove garlic finely minced with a microplane grater
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 dashes Tabasco
- Pinch kosher salt
- (Optional) 2-3 Tbsp chopped herbs (I have used parsley and cilantro but dill and basil could also be used)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray or line a pan with a Silpat Silicone baking mat.
- Place the flour, spices, and salt into a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix.
- Add the chicken wings to the bag and toss until well coated with the flour mixture.
- Place the wings onto the prepared baking sheet, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake Wings for 30 minutes.
- Whisk to combine the melted butter and hot sauce in a small saucepan.
- Take wings out of the oven and dip in the hot sauce, and put back on the baking sheet and cook for 15 more minutes until brown and crispy
- Combine ingredients and adjust seasonings to your liking.
Ranch Dipping Sauce
#Baked #Chicken #Wings #Crispy #Skin #Stephanie #Hansen